High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RADHAKRISHNAN, AGED 38 YEARS v. CIRCLE INSPECTOR - Bail Appl No. 5449 of 2007  RD-KL 17054 (10 September 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 5449 of 2007()
1. RADHAKRISHNAN, AGED 38 YEARS,
1. CIRCLE INSPECTOR,
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.PRADEESH CHACKO
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.B.A.No.5449 of 2007
Dated this the 10th day of September 2007
O R D E RApplication for regular bail. The petitioner was allegedly engaged in the activity of transporting 640 litres of spirit in a car when he was intercepted on 6/8/2007. The petitioner continues in custody from that date.
2. Heard. The learned Public Prosecutor opposes the application.
3. In the wake of the opposition by the learned Public Prosecutor, regular bail can be granted to the petitioner only if this court is in a position to entertain the twin satisfactions under Section 41A of the Kerala Abkari Act. I do not find any circumstances which can persuade this court to entertain either of those two satisfactions at the moment. I am satisfied that this petition deserves to be dismissed now.
4. In the result, this petition is dismissed. I may hasten to observe that the petitioner shall be at liberty to move this court or the courts below for bail at later stage of the investigation, not at any rate, prior to 24/9/2007. The investigating officer shall, in the meantime, make every endeavour to complete the investigation.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr B.A.No.5449/07 2 B.A.No.5449/07 3
ORDER21ST DAY OF MAY2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.