High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
VIJAYALAKSHMI, W/O. MANOJKUMAR v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 5308 of 2007  RD-KL 17094 (10 September 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 5308 of 2007()
1. VIJAYALAKSHMI, W/O. MANOJKUMAR,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
2. THE CIRCLE INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.R.VINOD
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R. BASANT, J.B.A. Nos. 5308 & 5549 OF 2007
Dated this the 10th day of September, 2007
ORDERThese applications are for anticipatory bail. The petitioners are spouses. The petitioners apprehend that they may be arrested by the police on the allegation that they have committed a non-bailable offence.
2. Notice was given to the learned Public Prosecutor. The learned Public Prosecutor submits that though a petition has been received which has been registered as Petition No.75/B2/07/KI of Mavelikkara Police Station, the said petition, according to the police, does not reveal the commission of any cognizable offence and consequently no crime has been registered. The petitioners are not accused in any crime. They shall not be arrested on the allegation that they have committed any non-bailable offence, submits the learned Public Prosecutor unambiguously. B.A. Nos. 5308 & 5549 OF 2007 -: 2 :-
3. In the light of the submission of the learned Public Prosecutor, the apprehension of the petitioners is found to be without any basis or justification. The submissions of the learned Public Prosecutor are taken note of and hereby recorded. The learned Public Prosecutor submits that if it is, on a later date, found to be necessary to arrest the petitioners on the allegation raised in the petition referred above, further permission of this Court shall be taken before any such attempt is made to arrest the petitioners. These petitions are, in these circumstances, found to be unnecessary.
4. These anticipatory bail applications are, in these circumstances, dismissed with the above observations. Sd/-
(R. BASANT, JUDGE)Nan/ //true copy// P.S. to Judge
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.