High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
S.JAMALUDHEEN KUNJU, AGED 54 YEARS v. THE DIRECTOR PANCHAYATHS - WP(C) No. 1863 of 2007(V)  RD-KL 1733 (22 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 1863 of 2007(V)
1. S.JAMALUDHEEN KUNJU, AGED 54 YEARS,
1. THE DIRECTOR PANCHAYATHS,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.V.VENUGOPAL
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, JW.P.(C)NO.1863 of 2007
Dated this the 22nd day of January, 2007
The petitioner is now working as Senior Superintendent/ Performance Audit Supervisor at Nilambur on his transfer from Kollam district based on an order of promotion issued on 21.12.2006. He has made a request as per Ext.P3 addressed to the Director of Panchayats to transfer and posting in one of the Panchayats in Kollam district highlighting that he suffers from certain serious ailments and that he is due to retire from service by the end of May 2007. He is a native of Chavara and it would be desirable that if he is permitted to work somewhere near Chavara, he may get the care and attention by the members of his family.
2. Counsel for the petitioner submits that certain open vacancies are due to arise within a short period of time and this Court may direct Ext.P3 to be disposed of by the first respondent.
3. Heard the Government Pleader also.
4. In the circumstances, there shall be an order directing the first respondent to consider Ext.P3 taking into consideration the facts and circumstances stated therein and to dispose of the same, as W.P.(C)No.1863/2007 2 expeditiously as possible in any event within six weeks. I make it clear that the claims of other employees, similarly situated, also shall be considered along with Ext.P3. The petitioner shall produce a copy of the judgment along with a copy of the writ petition before the first respondent for information and compliance and for necessary action.
K.K.DENESAN, JUDGEcss/ W.P.(C)No.1863/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.