High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SALU P.D., S/O. DEVASSIA v. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 5516 of 2007  RD-KL 17414 (17 September 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 5516 of 2007()
1. SALU P.D., S/O. DEVASSIA,
1. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
2. STATE, REP. BY PUBLIC PROSECUTOR,
For Petitioner :SRI.CIBI THOMAS
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.B.A.No.5516 of 2007
Dated this the 17th day of September 2007
O R D E RApplication for regular bail. The petitioner is the first accused. He faces allegations under Section 392 I.P.C. The alleged incident took place on 28/7/2007. He was arrested on 30/7/2007. He, along with the co-accused, allegedly snatched away a gold chain worn by the de facto complainant. The incident allegedly took place on a public road. F.I.statement was lodged promptly. The miscreants were not identified. But the number of the motor cycle in which the miscreants came to the scene of the crime was revealed to the police. Within two days, the petitioner was arrested. He was interrogated. Gold chain snatched has already been recovered. Investigation is in progress. The petitioner continues in custody from 30/7/2007.
2. I have already adverted to facts in detail in the order dated 23/8/2007 in B.A.No.5088/07. This order is to be read in continuation of that order. I am not hence adverting to facts in any greater detail. B.A.No.5516/07 2
3. The learned counsel for the petitioner prays, the learned Public Prosecutor does not oppose the said prayer and I am satisfied that regular bail can be granted to the petitioner subject to appropriate conditions.
4. In the result, this petition is allowed. The petitioner
shall be released on bail on the following terms and conditions:
i) He shall execute a bond for Rs.50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate. ii) The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation before the investigating officer between 10 a.m and 12 noon on all Mondays,Wednesdays and Fridays, for a period of three months and thereafter as and when directed by the investigating officer in writing to do so.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr B.A.No.5516/07 3 B.A.No.5516/07 4
ORDER21ST DAY OF MAY2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.