High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
HARIKUMAR, S/O.SIDHARTHAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 5676 of 2007  RD-KL 17522 (19 September 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 5676 of 2007()
1. HARIKUMAR, S/O.SIDHARTHAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.R.REJI
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.B.A.No.5676 of 2007
Dated this the 19th day of September 2007
O R D E RApplication for regular bail. The petitioner faces allegations under the Kerala Abkari Act. He was allegedly found to transport 525 litres of spirit in a car. He was apprehended on 3/8/2007. He continues in custody from that date.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioner prays; but the learned Public Prosecutor opposes the application for bail.
3. In the wake of the opposition by the learned Public Prosecutor, regular bail can be granted to the petitioner only if this court is in a position to entertain the twin satisfactions under Section 41A of the Kerala Abkari Act. I do not find any circumstances which can persuade this court to entertain either of those two satisfactions at the moment. I am satisfied that this petition deserves to be dismissed now.
4. In the result, this petition is dismissed. I may hasten to observe that the petitioner shall be at liberty to move this court for bail at later stage of the investigation, not at any rate, prior to 28/9/2007. The investigating officer shall, in the meantime, make every endeavour to complete the investigation.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr // True Copy// PA to Judge B.A.No./07 2 B.A.No./07 3
ORDER21ST DAY OF MAY2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.