High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SURENDRAN, S/O.BALAN PANICKER v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 265 of 2007  RD-KL 1754 (22 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 265 of 2007()
1. SURENDRAN, S/O.BALAN PANICKER,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.G.P.SHINOD
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.265 OF 2007
DATED: JANUARY 22, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No.319/2006 of Maranalloor Police Station for an offence punishable under Sec.8(1) and 8(2) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 2.250 litres of illicit arrack on 31.12.2006 and who was arrested on the same day, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offence, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner from a future date. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail with effect from 31.1.2007 on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Kattakkada, and subject to the following conditions:-
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. Bail A.No.265/2007 -:2:- If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.