High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ANIL KUMAR, S/O.GANGADHARAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 366 of 2007  RD-KL 1870 (24 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 366 of 2007()
1. ANIL KUMAR, S/O.GANGADHARAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.S.SANTOSH KUMAR (PERUNAD)
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.366 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 24th DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the second accused in Crime No.163/06 of Chittar Police Station for offences punishable under sections 8(1) and 8(2) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in joint possession, along with the first accused, of 3 litres of illicit arrack on 16.11.2006 and who was arrested on 21.12.2006, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application mainly on the ground that the petitioner had attacked the Police party including the Sub Inspector of Police and the Head Constable and both whom had sustained injuries. Having regard to the above aspects of the matter, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner only with effect from a future date. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail with effect from 31.1.2007 on his executing a bond for Rs.20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Ranny and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.NO.366/07 Page numbers
2. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.