High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.ANILKUMAR v. THE DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PANCHAYATHS - WP(C) No. 1326 of 2007(G)  RD-KL 1990 (25 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 1326 of 2007(G)
1. THE DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PANCHAYATHS,
2. THE DIRECTOR OF PANCHAYATHS,
3. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.M.SASINDRAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K. DENESAN, J.= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = W.P.(C) No. 1326 OF 2007 G = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dated this the 25th January, 2007
J U D G M E N T
The petitioner is working as Upper Division Clerk presently in Kalikavu Grama Panchayat in Malappuram District. He is a native of Kollam District and wants to get inter-district transfer to that district. It is stated that he is the seniormost person among the applicants who desire to get inter-district transfer to Kollam. It is contended that the applicants who are juniors to him have already been favoured with inter- district transfer orders, but the petitioner's claim has not been properly considered. Ext. P4 application is pending with the 2nd respondent who is the authority competent to consider the same.
2. This writ petition was posted to enable the Govt. Pleader to seek instructions from the 2nd respondent. It appears that Ext. P4 has not been considered or disposed of.
3. In the above circumstances, it is only appropriate that the 2nd respondent considers the request of the petitioner for inter-district transfer WPC No. 1326/2007 -2- as prayed for in Ext. P4, particularly against any of the existing vacancies or any other vacancy which is likely to arise in the near future in Kollam District. Needless to state that the 2nd respondent shall consider applications filed by other Upper Division Clerks also along with Ext. P4 and decision shall be taken on Ext. P4 in accordance with the principles laid down by the Government in the matter of inter-district transfers. Orders shall be passed on Ext. P4 within six weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of the judgment. The petitioner shall produce a copy of the writ petition also before the 2nd respondent so that effective orders can be passed on Ext. P4. K.K. DENESAN
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.