High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RESHMI RAJACHANDRAN, AGED 27 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - WP(C) No. 29426 of 2006(C)  RD-KL 2014 (25 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 29426 of 2006(C)
1. RESHMI RAJACHANDRAN, AGED 27 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE,
3. THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.RAJIT
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K. DENESAN, J.= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = W.P.(C) No. 29426 OF 2006 C = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dated this the 25th January, 2007
J U D G M E N T
The petitioner is the daughter of late Rajachandran, who was in the Police Department. While working as Head Constable he died in harness on 23-8- 1999, leaving his wife Smt. Santha, his son T.R. Rajesh and the petitioner as surviving members. The petitioner has submitted an application to appoint her in a suitable vacancy on compassionate grounds under the dying in harness scheme. Ext. P4 is the copy of the application filed by the petitioner in the prescribed pro forma. Ext. P5 letter written by the Commissioner of Police, Kochi City, to the Director General of Police shows that the application had already been forwarded for necessary action. But the petitioner has not got any reply from the 2nd respondent-Director General of Police. It is submitted that the petitioner who is aged 27 years remains unemployed and the family is in dire need of income.
2. I have heard the Govt. Pleader for the respondents. WPC No. 29426/2006 -2-
3. It is necessary in the interest of justice that the 2nd respondent takes up for consideration Ext. P4 and decides the issue, namely, the entitlement of the petitioner for appointment on compassionate grounds.
4. I, therefore, direct the 2nd respondent to pass orders, in accordance with law, on Ext. P4 within six weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of the judgment. The order thus passed shall be communicated to the petitioner forthwith. The petitioner shall produce a copy of the judgment and a copy of the writ petition before the 2nd respondent for information and necessary action. K.K. DENESAN
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.