High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
DILEEP KUMAR.V.N., AGED 43 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 447 of 2007  RD-KL 2068 (30 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 447 of 2007()
1. DILEEP KUMAR.V.N., AGED 43 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.DINESH MATHEW J.MURICKEN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.447 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 30th DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the first accused in Crime No.692/06 of Kalamassery Police Station for offences punishable under sections 323 and 341 read with section 34 IPC and section 3(1)(x) of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, seeks anticipatory bail
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The case of the prosecution is that the petitioner manhandled the de facto complainant and called abusive words calling him by his caste name.
4. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in view of the statutory embargo under section 18 of the Special Act. There is no reason why the petitioner should not surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail. Accordingly, if the petitioner surrenders before the Magistrate concerned and files an application for regular bail, within two weeks from today, the same shall be considered and disposed of, preferably on the same date on which it is filed. With this direction, this petition is disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.