High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RAJESH RAJAGOPAL, AGED 31 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 405 of 2007  RD-KL 2117 (30 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 405 of 2007()
1. RAJESH RAJAGOPAL, AGED 31 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.ASOKAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.405 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 30th DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No.255/06 of Kasaba Police Station for offences punishable under sections 403, 406, 409, 463, 464, 465 and 470 IPC, seeks anticipatory bail. Subsequently offences punishable under sections 420 and 468 IPC have also been added.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature, where custodial interrogation of the petitioner is inevitable. However, I am inclined to permit the petitioner to surrender before the Investigating Officer for custodial interrogation and then to have his application for regular bail disposed of on merits. Accordingly, the petitioner shall surrender before the Investigating Officer on any day between 01.02.2007 and 03.02.2007 for the purpose of custodial interrogation and recovery of incriminating materials, if any. The petitioner shall thereafter be produced before the Magistrate having jurisdiction on the same day. The Magistrate shall consider and dispose of the application for regular bail, if any, filed by the petitioner, preferably on the same date on which it is filed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.