High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SIVAN PILLAI.A.K., KUMAR BHAVAN v. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 481 of 2007  RD-KL 2132 (30 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 481 of 2007()
1. SIVAN PILLAI.A.K., KUMAR BHAVAN,
1. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.V.ANIL KUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 481 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 30th DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the 3rd accused in Crime No.49/07 of Kollam East Police Station for offences punishable under sections 498A, 420, 465, 468, 506(i) and 294(b) read with section 34 IPC, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. The marriage between the first accused, who is the son of the petitioner and Gayathri the de facto complainant took place on 6.9.2004. The present case arose out of a private complaint lodged by her before the Magistrate concerned and forwarded to the Police for investigation.
3. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled against the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of his arrest in connection with the above case on his executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions: B.A.NO.481/07 Page numbers
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.