High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SUJANAPRIYALAL R., S/O.RAGHAVAN C.K. v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 433 of 2007  RD-KL 2138 (30 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 433 of 2007()
1. SUJANAPRIYALAL R., S/O.RAGHAVAN C.K.,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.C.V.MANUVILSAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.433 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 30th DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner seeks anticipatory bail on the allegation that the Muhamma Police are after him in connection with Crime No.196/06 of that Police Station registered for an offence punishable under section 3(2)(c) of the PDPP Act.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application submitting that the petitioner is the 4th accused in the above crime. Since four of the accused persons in the above crime had been granted anticipatory bail by this court as per order dated 15.11.2006 in B.A.No.6626/06, I see no reason as to why the petitioner should be treated differently. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in- charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of his arrest in connection with the above case on his executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.NO.433/07 Page numbers
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.