High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
VISHWANATHAN, S/O.NANU, AGED 41 v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 469 of 2007  RD-KL 2154 (30 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 469 of 2007()
1. VISHWANATHAN, S/O.NANU, AGED 41,
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.S.SANTOSH KUMAR (PERUNAD)
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.469 of 2007
DATED: JANUARY 30, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No.32/1999 of Chittar Police Station for an offence punishable under Secs.55(a) and 8(1) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 2 liters of illicit arrack, seeks his enlargement on bail. He surrendered on 10.1.2007 before the JFCM, Ranny.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offence, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner from a future date. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail with effect from 9.2.2007, on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Ranny, and subject to the following conditions:-
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. Bail A.No.469/2007 -:2:- If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.