High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
AMSHAN PILLAI, S/O.MEERA SAHIB v. THE STATE OF KERALA REP.BY - Crl MC No. 227 of 2007  RD-KL 2163 (31 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 227 of 2007()
1. AMSHAN PILLAI, S/O.MEERA SAHIB,
2. SAJEEV, S/O. AMSHAN PILLAI,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA REP.BY
For Petitioner :SRI.T.A.UNNIKRISHNAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R. BASANT, J.CRL.M.C.NO. 227 OF 2007
Dated this the 31st day of January, 2007
ORDERDirections under Sec.438 of the Cr.P.C. were issued in favour of the petitioners who face the allegations, inter alia, under Secs.420 and 468 read with Sec.34 of the IPC. Anticipatory bail proper was not granted; but a direction was issued that the petitioners can surrender before the Investigating Officer on any day between 18/1/07 and 20/1/07 for the purpose of interrogation and recovery of incriminating material, if any. It was directed that the petitioners should thereafter be produced before the learned Magistrate concerned on the same day. It was further directed that the Magistrate must consider and dispose of the application, if any, filed by the petitioners for regular bail preferably on the same date on which it is filed.
2. The petitioners could not/did not appear before the Investigating Officer between 18/1/07 and 20/1/07. They have now come to this Court with a prayer that the time fixed CRL.M.C.NO. 227 OF 2007 -: 2 :- may be extended.
3. Notice was given to the learned Public Prosecutor. No serious objection is raised. I am satisfied that the prayer can be allowed and the petitioners can be granted time to surrender before the Investigating Officer.
4. In the result, this petition is allowed. If the petitioners surrender before the Investigating Officer on 5/2/07 at 7 a.m., it shall be reckoned as sufficient compliance with the order dated 16/1/2007. Sd/-
(R. BASANT, JUDGE)HO Nan/ //true copy// P.S. to Judge
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.