High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
CIRON DRUGS & PHARMACEUTICALS PVT.LTD. v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - WP(C) No. 114 of 2007(L)  RD-KL 2186 (31 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 114 of 2007(L)
1. CIRON DRUGS & PHARMACEUTICALS PVT.LTD.,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. THE CENTRAL PURCHASE COMMITTEE,
3. THE DIRECTORATE OF HEALTH SERVICES,
For Petitioner :SRI.BIJU BALAKRISHNAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice THOTTATHIL B.RADHAKRISHNAN
O R D E R
THOTTATHIL B.RADHAKRISHNAN, JW.P(C).No.114 OF 2007
Dated this the 31st day of January, 2007
Heard learned counsel for the petitioner and learned Government Pleader.
2. The issue attempted to be raised in this writ petition is as to the justifiability of a decision of the Central Purchase Committee to effect deduction from certain bills of the petitioner on the ground that certain materials, including Oil Turpentine, supplied by the petitioner was substandard in quality. Such issues would have to be primarily considered by the Central Purchase Committee, for which the petitioner has made Exts.5 to P7 representations.
3. Learned Government Pleader submitted that the Central Purchase Committee has decided the matter on 25.10.2005, rejecting the requests of the petitioner. It is the stand of the petitioner that no such decision has been communicated to him. WPC.114/07 Page numbers It is also the case of the petitioner that he was not heard before taking any such decision. In the aforesaid circumstances, this writ petition is disposed of directing that if the Central Purchase Committee is of the view that they have concluded on the issue, a copy of the decision referred to above will be communicated to the petitioner within a period of three weeks from now. However, if the Central Purchase Committee is of the view that the petitioner can be given an opportunity of hearing, the petitioner will be heard and a decision taken afresh on his representations within a period of two months from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. THOTTATHIL B.RADHAKRISHNAN Judge kkb.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.