High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ABDUL KALAM AZAD, AZAD BUILDING v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 468 of 2007  RD-KL 2335 (1 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 468 of 2007()
1. ABDUL KALAM AZAD, AZAD BUILDING,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.B.S.SWATHY KUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application NO. 468 of 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RPetitioner who is the 6th accused in Crime No. 35 of 2007 of Kayamkulam Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 143, 147, 148, 323 and 332 read with Sec. 149 I.P.C., seeks anticipatory bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. In as much as the 2nd accused in the case has already been granted anticipatory bail by this Court as per the order dated 25-01- 2007 in B.A. 434/07 and also since the petitioner is a subsequently arrayed accused, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner as well. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of his arrest in connection with the above case on his executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction to the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. Bail A.No.468 of 2007 -:2:-
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.