High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
G. RAJESH, S/O. GOPALAN v. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 544 of 2007  RD-KL 2360 (1 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 544 of 2007()
1. G. RAJESH, S/O. GOPALAN,
1. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
2. THE STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.T.M.KOCHUNNI
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.544 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 1ST DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No.61/06 of Thenmala Police Station for offences punishable under sections 294(b), 341 and 308 IPC, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The occurrence took place on 14.3.2006 at 2.30 PM when the accused is alleged to have stabbed the de facto complainant on his chest with a knife. The weapon of offence has not been recovered so far.
4. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. There is no reason why the petitioner should not surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail. Accordingly, if the petitioner surrenders before the Magistrate concerned and files an application for regular bail, within two weeks from today, the same shall be considered and disposed of, preferably on the same date on which it is filed. This application is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.