High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
JIJU T. MATHEW, S/O.MATHEW v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 655 of 2007  RD-KL 2369 (1 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 655 of 2007()
1. JIJU T. MATHEW, S/O.MATHEW,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
2. SALIMKUMAR, AGED 52,
For Petitioner :SRI.S.MUHAMMED HANEEFF
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application NO.655 of 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No. 25/07 of Pandalam police station for offences punishable under Sections 452, 323, 324 and 427 of I.P.C., seeks anticipatory bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. The petitioner would allege that the matter has since been settled with the de facto complainant as evidenced by Annexure A2 affidavit sworn to by the de facto complainant, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of his arrest in connection with the above case on his executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction to the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. Bail A.No.655 of 2007 -:2:-
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.