High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
BALACHANDRAN, (A2) v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 613 of 2007  RD-KL 2457 (2 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 613 of 2007()
1. BALACHANDRAN, (A2),
2. DIVAKARAN, (A3),
3. P.H.PRAKASAN, (A4),
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.KRISHNADAS P. NAIR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 613 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 2nd DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec.438 Cr.P.C. the petitioners who are accused Nos.3, 1 and 4 respectively in Crime No.39/07 of Mannarkkad Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 143, 147, 148 and 353 read with section 149 IPC and section 3(1)(c) of the PDPP Act, seek anticipatory bail.
2. In as much as the second accused was granted anticipatory bail by this court as per order passed in B.A.No.413/07, there is no reason why the petitioners should be treated differently. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release petitioners on bail for a period of one month in the event of their arrest in connection with the above case on each of them executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioners shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer. B.A.NO.613/07 Page numbers
3. Petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioners shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.