High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RAJEEV, AGED 23 YEARS, S/O. RAJU v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 594 of 2007  RD-KL 2505 (2 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 594 of 2007()
1. RAJEEV, AGED 23 YEARS, S/O. RAJU,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.K.S.MOHAMED HASHIM
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.594 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 2nd DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec.439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is the accused in Crime No.809/06 of Kottiyam Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 366A, 376 I.P.C. and section 2(1) (xi) of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.-II, Kollam and subject to the following conditions:
1. The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.NO.594/07 Page numbers
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Police, till the filing of the final report.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.