High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MOHANAN, S/O. VELUKKUTTAN v. THE JOINT REGISTRAR (GENERAL) - WP(C) No. 3875 of 2007(J)  RD-KL 2584 (5 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 3875 of 2007(J)
1. MOHANAN, S/O. VELUKKUTTAN,
1. THE JOINT REGISTRAR (GENERAL),
2. KARAMUKKU SERVICE CO-OPERATIVE BANK,
3. SPECIAL SALE OFFICER,
4. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SMT.MUMTAZ SHUMSUDDIN.M
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice J.M.JAMES
O R D E R
J.M.JAMES, J.W.P.(C). 3875/2007 (J) Dated this the 5th day of February, 2007
The prayer of the writ petitioner, who is a defaulter to the second respondent, bank, is that he may be given an opportunity of availing the benefits of One Time Settlement Scheme, as per the Circular No.59/2006 dated 30.11.2006.
2. After hearing the learned counsel for the writ petitioner and the senior Government Pleader, I direct the writ petitioner to approach the second respondent, bank, with a representation requesting for an One Time Settlement, withing ten days from today. On receipt of the same, the second respondent shall hear the writ petitioner and pass appropriate orders on merit, extending all the facilities and benefits of the One Time Settlement scheme. This shall be done within three weeks from the date of receipt of the representation, as above.
3. Till a final order is passed on the representation as directed, all coercive steps initiated against the writ W.P.(C).3875/2007 2 petitioner shall be kept in abeyance.
4. I make it clear that in case of any failure on the part of the writ petitioner to comply with the directions contained herein, the second respondent shall proceed against the writ petitioner, in realising the amount due to it. The writ petition is disposed of as above. J.M.JAMES
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.