High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
PADMINI, D/O. SUMATHY v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 666 of 2007  RD-KL 2594 (5 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 666 of 2007()
1. PADMINI, D/O. SUMATHY,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.R.T.PRADEEP
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.666 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 5th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec.439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner, a lady, who is the accused in Cr.No.3/07 of Kattakkada Excise Range for offences punishable under Sections 8(1) and 8(2) of the Abkari Act for having been found in possession of two litres of illicit arrack on 6.1.2007 seeks her enlargement on bail. The petitioner is under custody from 8.1.2007 onwards.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner with effect from 8.2.2007. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail with effect from 8.2.2007 on her executing a bond for Rs.20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Kattakkada and subject to the following conditions:
1. The petitioner shall make herself available for interrogation as and when required by the Police. B.A.NO.666/07 Page numbers
2. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to her shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.