High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ROBIN BABY, S/O.BABY, AGED 21 YEARS v. STATION HOUSE OFFICER, PAYYAVOOR POLICE - Bail Appl No. 644 of 2007  RD-KL 2606 (5 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 644 of 2007()
1. ROBIN BABY, S/O.BABY, AGED 21 YEARS,
2. SHIJO JOSEPH, S/O.CHACKO, AGED 22 YEARS,
3. BOBAN THOMAS, S/O.THOMAS, AGED 33 YEARS,
4. BABY CHENNATTU,S/O.CHACKO,AGED 40 YEARS,
5. TOMY ERUMATHARAYIL,S/O.CHACKO,AGED
6. JAISON CHENNATTU,S/O.CHERIYAN,
1. STATION HOUSE OFFICER, PAYYAVOOR POLICE
For Petitioner :SRI.V.A.SATHEESH
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.644 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 5th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused 1 to 6 in Crime No.12/07 of Payyavoor Police Station for offences punishable under sections 143, 147, 148, 341, 323, 324, 506(i) and 308 read with section 149 IPC, seek anticipatory bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application submitting, inter alia, that a stab injury has been inflicted on the de facto complainant on the back. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. But at the same time, I am inclined to permit the petitioners to surrender before the Investigating Officer and then to have their application for regular bail considered by the Magistrate, Accordingly, petitioners shall surrender before the Investigating Officer on any day between 7.2.2007 and 9.2.2007 for the purpose of interrogation and recovery of incriminating materials, if any. The petitioners shall thereafter be produced before the Magistrate concerned on the same day who shall release the petitioners on bail with appropriate conditions, if an application for bail is filed before the Magistrate.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.