High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SIVAN, S/O.MADHAVAN v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY - Bail Appl No. 589 of 2007  RD-KL 2621 (5 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 589 of 2007()
1. SIVAN, S/O.MADHAVAN,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY
For Petitioner :SRI.T.A.UNNIKRISHNAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.589 of 2007
DATED: FEBRUARY 5, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in C.R.No.5/2007 of Nedumangad Excise Range for an offence punishable under Sec.8(1) and (2) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 5 litres of illicit arrack on 16.1.2007 and who was arrested on the same day, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner from a future date. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail with effect from 15.2.2007 on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Thiruvalla, and subject to the following conditions:-
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution. B.A.589/2007 2
3. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.