High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
THANKACHAN, AGED 41 YEARS, S/O. GEORGE v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 639 of 2007  RD-KL 2631 (5 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 639 of 2007()
1. THANKACHAN, AGED 41 YEARS, S/O. GEORGE,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI. K.SHAJ
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.639 of 2007
DATED: FEBRUARY 5, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No.22/2007 of Adoor Police Station for offencess punishable under secs.51, 52A and 63 read with sec.68 of the Copyright Act, 1967, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application, having regard to the fact that this court has granted anticipatory bail to persons similarly situated, I see no reason why the petitioner should be treated differently.
3. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of his arrest in connection with the above case on his executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:-
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9
a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution. Bail A.No.639/2007 -:2:-
4. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.