High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K. KOUSALYA, W/O.(LATE) SREEDHARAN v. EXCISE INSPECTOR, KUNNAMANGALAM - Bail Appl No. 701 of 2007  RD-KL 2798 (7 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 701 of 2007()
1. K. KOUSALYA, W/O.(LATE) SREEDHARAN,
1. EXCISE INSPECTOR, KUNNAMANGALAM.
2. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.V.KUNHIKRISHNAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 701 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 7th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner, a lady, who is the accused in Crime No.29/06 of Kunnamangalam Excise Range for offences punishable under section 8 (1) and 8(2) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 3 litres of illicit arrack on 13.8.2006, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. It is too early to accept the petitioner's contention that she has been falsely implicated in the case. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. There is no reason why the petitioner should not surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail. Accordingly, if the petitioner surrenders before the Magistrate concerned and files an application for regular bail, within two weeks from today, the same shall be considered and disposed of, preferably on the same date on which it is filed. This application is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.