High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SAHADEVAN @ PODIMON v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 7752 of 2006  RD-KL 299 (4 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7752 of 2006()
1. SAHADEVAN @ PODIMON,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.C.S.MANILAL
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.7752/2006
DATED: JANUARY 4, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the 1st accused in Crime No.75/2006 of Thannithodu Police Station for an offence punishable under Secs.8(1) and (2) of the Abkari Act for having been found in possession of 15 liters of illicit arrack seeks his enlargement on bail. He was arrested on 24.11.2006.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offence, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.-II, Pathanamthitta, and subject to the following conditions:-
1. Petitioner shall report before the
between 9 a.m. and 11
a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate Bail A.No.7752/2006 -:Page numbers:- the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.