High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
KRISHNADAS, S/O.NAGAN v. STATE REPRESENTED BY THE PUBLIC - Bail Appl No. 749 of 2007  RD-KL 3019 (9 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 749 of 2007()
1. KRISHNADAS, S/O.NAGAN,
1. STATE REPRESENTED BY THE PUBLIC
For Petitioner :SRI.M.SHAJU PURUSHOTHAMAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 749 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 9th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the 15th accused in Crime No.4/07 of Agali Police Station for offences punishable under sections 450,352, 395, and 427 seeks his enlargement on bail. Section 3(2)(v) of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities)Act, 1989 has also been subsequently added by the Police. The petitioner was arrested on 12.1.2007.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The case of the prosecution is that in the night of 10.1.2007, the accused persons trespassed into the house of the de facto complainant and after wrongfully confining him and his workers in another building they robbed the cattle, television, CD player, sewing machine, etc. worth Rs.1,50,000/= after demolishing the house, cattle shed, and mill worth Rs.4 lakhs.
4. The petitioner is alleged to be the driver of the lorry in which the household articles were transported. Having regard to the facts and circumstances of the case and the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner only with effect from a future date. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be B.A.NO.749/07 Page numbers released on bail with effect from 19.2.2007 on his executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Mannarkkad and subject to the following conditions:
1. The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Police, till the filing of the final report.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he/she attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.