High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SANTHOSH, AGED 32, S/O.PALAYYAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY PUBLIC - Bail Appl No. 740 of 2007  RD-KL 3056 (9 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 740 of 2007()
1. SANTHOSH, AGED 32, S/O.PALAYYAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY PUBLIC
For Petitioner :SRI.BLAZE K.JOSE
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 740 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 9th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Cr.No.6/07 of Amaravila Excise Range for an offence punishable under section 8(1) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 5 litres of arrack on 27.1.2007 and who was arrested on the same day, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioners and the learned Public Prosecutor. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. I am not satisfied that both the grounds enumerated under Clause (b)(ii) of Sec. 41 A of the Abkari Act are present in this case so as to justify the release of the petitioner on bail. This application is accordingly dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.