High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
VIJAYAN, S/O. DAMODHARAN v. EXCISE INSPECTOR - Bail Appl No. 761 of 2007  RD-KL 3071 (9 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 761 of 2007()
1. VIJAYAN, S/O. DAMODHARAN,
1. EXCISE INSPECTOR,
2. STATE OF KERALA - REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.K.P.MUJEEB
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 761 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 9th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec.439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is the accused in Crime No.2/07 of Nilambur Excise Range for offences punishable under Sections 8(1) of the Abkari Act for having been found in possession of five litres of illicit arrack, seeks his enlargement on bail. The petitioner was arrested on 19.1.2007.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner with effect from 19.2.2007. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail with effect from 19.2.2007 on his executing a bond for Rs.20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Nilambur and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.NO.761/07 Page numbers
2. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.