High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
DHANUDAS.M. v. STATE OF KERALA THROUGH THE - Bail Appl No. 734 of 2007  RD-KL 3096 (12 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 734 of 2007()
1. STATE OF KERALA THROUGH THE
For Petitioner :SRI.SUNNY MATHEW
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.B. A. No.734 of 2007
DATED: FEBRUARY 12, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the 1st accused in Crime No.229/2006 of Chakkarakkal Police Station for an offence punishable under Sec.395 I.P.C., seeks his enlargement on bail. The occurrence took place at about 4.15 p.m. on 27.11.2006. The petitioner was arrested on 25.12.2006.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The case of the petitioner is that on 27.11.2006 at about 4.15 p.m. the petitioner along with six other persons came in an Omni van and assaulted the de facto complainant causing him injuries and robbed him of cash worth Rs.42000/-.
4. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Thalassery, and subject to the following conditions:-
1. The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as Bail A.No.734/2007 -:2:- and when required by the police till the filing of the final report.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.