High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
M.ABDUL KAREEM, S/O.MUHAMMED KUTTY v. J.THANKCHAN(DIED), S/O.JOHN - Crl Rev Pet No. 349 of 2007  RD-KL 3129 (12 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl Rev Pet No. 349 of 2007()
1. M.ABDUL KAREEM, S/O.MUHAMMED KUTTY,
1. J.THANKCHAN(DIED), S/O.JOHN,
2. N.SOSAMMA, W/O.LATE THANKCHAN,
3. SONIA, D/O.LATE THANKACHAN,
4. SHAJAN, S/O.LATE THANKACHAN,
5. SOFIA, D/O.LATE THANKACHAN,
6. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.A.R.GANGADAS
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.R.UDAYABHANU
O R D E R
K.R.Udayabhanu,J.Crl.R.P.No.349 of 2007-C
Dated, this the 12th day of February, 2007
ORDERThe revision petitioner stands convicted for the offence under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act and sentenced, as modified by the learned Sessions Judge, to undergo imprisonment till the rising of the Court and to pay a compensation of Rs.32,100/- under Section 357(3) of the Code of Criminal Procedure and in default, to undergo simple imprisonment for two months.
2. It is the case of the revision petitioner that he had borrowed only Rs.10,000/- and a signed blank cheque was issued, which is allegedly misused by the complainant. It is submitted that the revision petitioner is a T.B. patient, who is unable to work and earn. The learned counsel for the revision petitioner has only sought for time to pay the compensation.
3. In the circumstances, the revision petitioner is granted six months time from today onwards to pay the amount of compensation. The conviction and sentence is confirmed. The Crl.R.P.No.349 of 2007-C - 2 - revision petitioner/accused shall appear before the Judicial First Class Magistrate-II, Palakkad on 13.8.2007 to receive the sentence. The revision petition is disposed of as above. K.R.Udayabhanu Judge vku/-
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.