High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ABDUL SHUKKOOR.K.V., AGED 26 YEARS v. STATE-REPRESENTED BY PUBLIC - Bail Appl No. 886 of 2007  RD-KL 3217 (14 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 886 of 2007()
1. ABDUL SHUKKOOR.K.V., AGED 26 YEARS,
1. STATE-REPRESENTED BY PUBLIC
2. THE STATION HOUSE OFFICER,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.SASINDRAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 886 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 14TH DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the first accused in Cr.No.49/07 of Taliparamba Police Station for an offence punishable under section 498A read with section 34 IPC, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. The marriage between the petitioner and the de facto complainant Jameela was on 17.8.2006. She soon left the matrimonial home alleging that her husband and in-laws subjecting her to mental and physical cruelty on frequent demands for further amounts towards dowry.
3. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. But at the same time, I am inclined to permit the petitioner to surrender before the Investigating Officer for interrogation and then to have his application for bail ordered by the Magistrate. Accordingly, the petitioner shall surrender before the Investigating Officer on any day between 19.2.2007 and 21.2.2007 for the purpose of interrogation. The petitioner shall thereafter be produced on the same day before the Magistrate having jurisdiction who shall release the petitioner on bail on appropriate conditions. This application is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.