High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
M.V.MANI, S/O.VARKEY v. STATE OF KERLA, REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 879 of 2007  RD-KL 3281 (14 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 879 of 2007()
1. M.V.MANI, S/O.VARKEY,
1. STATE OF KERLA, REPRESENTED BY THE
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.K.S.HARIHARAPUTHRAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.```````````````````````````````````````````````````` B.A. No. 879 OF 2007 ````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dated this the 14th day of February, 2007
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 438 Cr.P.C. the petitioner, who is the first accused in Crime No.420/Cr./05 CBCID Thiruvananthapuram (Crime No.316/C.B.-191/03 of Museum Police Station) for offences punishable under Sections 406, 407, 468, 419, 120 (b), 403, 420 and 471 read with section 34 I.P.C., seeks anticipatory bail.
2. The case of the prosecution is that while the petitioner was serving as Managing Director of Kanyakumari Plantations at Radhapuram in Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu, he had cheated the de facto complainant by creating a forged Power of Attorney and executing a document of sale in respect of 35.45 acres of land.
3. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner, the learned counsel for the additional 3rd respondent, who is the de facto complainant, and Sri.P.G.Thampi, the Director General of Prosecution.
4. It is admitted by all sides that the matter has since been settled between the parties concerned as evidenced by Annexure-A2 BA.879/07 2 and that the de facto complainant is not desirous of prosecuting the matter further.
5. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled
against the petitioner and the
other circumstances of the case, I am
inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner.
direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station
concerned to release
the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in
the event of his arrest in connection with the above
case on his
executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two
solvent sureties each for the
like amount to the satisfaction to the said
officer and subject to the following conditions:
a. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11
a.m. on all Wednesdays.
b. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
c. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution. BA.879/07 3
d. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
e. Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
(V. RAMKUMAR, JUDGE)aks
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.