High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SHARIYAR, S/O. IBRAHIMKUTTY v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 890 of 2007  RD-KL 3350 (14 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 890 of 2007()
1. SHARIYAR, S/O. IBRAHIMKUTTY,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.J.OM PRAKASH
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 890 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 14th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No.107/07 of Karunagappally Police Station for offences punishable under sections 366A and 376 IPC, seeks his enlargement on bail. The occurrence took place on 29.1.2007. The petitioner was arrested on 31.1.2007.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The case of the prosecution is that at about 9.30AM on 29.1.2007, petitioner induced the minor daughter of the de facto complainant to go with him on a false promise that he would marry her and after taking her in his car to the house of his paternal aunt, ravished the girl.
4. It is too early to consider the documents produced by the petitioner to show that on the date of the alleged occurrence, the girl had attained majority. Going by the School records, she was a minor on the date of commission of the offence. The investigation of the case is not yet over. If at this stage of the investigation, the petitioner is released on bail, he will definitely influence and intimidate the prosecution witnesses including the victim. I am not inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner. This petition is accordingly dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.