High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ABDUL MAJEED, S/O. MUHAMMED MOULAVI v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 905 of 2007  RD-KL 3401 (15 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 905 of 2007()
1. ABDUL MAJEED, S/O. MUHAMMED MOULAVI,
2. ABDUL KAREEM, S/O. MUHAMMED MOULAVI,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.BABU S. NAIR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.905 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 15th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec.439 Cr.P.C. the petitioners who are accused Nos.1 and 2 in Crime No.30/07 of Ponnani Police Station for an offence punishable under Section 308 I.P.C., seek their enlargement on bail. The petitioners were arrested on 23.1.2007.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioners and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioners and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioners. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed to be released on bail on each of them executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Ponnani and subject to the following conditions:
1. The petitioners shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the Police, till the filing of the final report. B.A.NO.905/07 Page numbers
3. The petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.