High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
PANCHALI, W/O.K.RAMAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 7756 of 2006  RD-KL 36 (1 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7756 of 2006()
1. PANCHALI, W/O.K.RAMAN,
2. PADMANABHAN, S/O.RAMAN,
3. KRISHNANKUTTY, S/O.RAMAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.P.VIJAYA BHANU
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 7756 OF 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 1st DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 438 Cr.P.C. the petitioners who are the accused Nos.1, 3 and 4 in Crime No.472/06 of Ponnani Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 498A and 406 read with section 34 I.P.C., seek anticipatory bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioners and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled against the petitioners and the other circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioners. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release petitioners on bail for a period of one month in the event of their arrest in connection with the above case on each of them executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioners 2 and 3 shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.NO.7756/06 Page numbers
2. Petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. Petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioners shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.