High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.LATHA BABU, W/O. K.BABU v. THE STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 7776 of 2006  RD-KL 362 (5 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7776 of 2006()
1. K.LATHA BABU, W/O. K.BABU,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA,
2. THE STATION HOUSE OFFICER,
For Petitioner :SRI.BABU PAUL
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
B.A.No. 7776 of 2006
Dated this the 5th day of January, 2007.
ORDERPetitioner, who is the fifth accused in Crime No.839 of 2006 of Vaikom Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 420 and 120B read with Section 34 I.P.C. seeks anticipatory bail. The petitioner is stated to be a practising lawyer.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled against the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of her arrest in connection with the above case on her executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction to the said officer and subject to the following conditions: BA 7776/06 -: 2 :-
1. The petitioner shall make herself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
2. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall she attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
4. Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to her shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGE.ess 5/1 BA 7776/06 -: 3 :-
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.