High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SHIHABUDHEEN K.A., S/O. ABOOBACKER v. STATE OF KERALA, THROUGH THE - Bail Appl No. 904 of 2007  RD-KL 3644 (19 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 904 of 2007()
1. SHIHABUDHEEN K.A., S/O. ABOOBACKER,
2. MUHAMMED AKBAR, S/O. K.M.A.ABDURAHIMAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, THROUGH THE
For Petitioner :SRI.SUNNY MATHEW
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 904 of 2007
DATED: 19th February, 2007
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused 1 and 2 in Crime No. 69 of 2007 of Kasaragod Police Station, for offences punishable under Sections 143, 147, 148, 447, 427 and 153A I.P.C read with Sec. 149 of the Indian Penal Code, seek anticipatory bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposes the application.
3. The case of the prosecution is that at about 12.30 a.m on 21/01/2007, accused 1 to 6 and 20 identifiable persons had trespassed into the compound of Dharma Sastha Bhajan Mandir at Pallippuram and pelted stones at the mandir and destroyed the flags causing a loss of Rs.2,500/-.
4. Even though, I am not inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioners, I am inclined to permit them to surrender before the Investigating Officer for the purpose of interrogation and then to have their application for regular bail ordered by the concerned Magistrate. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed Bail A.No.904/2007 to surrender before the Investigating Officer, on any day between 22/02/2007 and 24/02/2007, for the purpose of interrogation. The petitioners shall thereafter be produced on the same day before the concerned learned Magistrate, who shall release the petitioners on bail on appropriate conditions. This application is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.