High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
HANEEFA, S/O.N.K.KOYA, MULLATHEL HOUSE v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 984 of 2007  RD-KL 3709 (20 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 984 of 2007()
1. HANEEFA, S/O.N.K.KOYA, MULLATHEL HOUSE,
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.RAJIT
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 984 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 20th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No.84/94 of Perumpadappu Police Station for offences punishable under sections 323, 324 and 325 IPC, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. Consequent on the non-appearance of the petitioner before the J.F.C.M., Ponnani in C.C.118/94, the case against the petitioner was transferred to the long pending register as L.P.No.25/03. Admittedly, non-bailable warrants of arrest are pending against the petitioner. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted to nullify the process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction. There is no reason why the petitioner should not surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail. Accordingly, if the petitioner surrenders before the Magistrate and files an application for regular bail, within two weeks from today, the same shall be considered and disposed of, preferably on the same date on which it is filed, after considering the explanation offered by the petitioner for his previous non-appearance. Until such consideration, warrants, if any, pending against the petitioner shall not be executed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.