High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.PRAKASHAN, S/O. LATE PADMANABHAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 975 of 2007  RD-KL 3758 (20 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 975 of 2007()
1. P.PRAKASHAN, S/O. LATE PADMANABHAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.S.SREEKUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 975 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 20th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the sole accused in Crime No.73/07 of Vaikom Police Station for an offence punishable under sections 52A read with sections 68A, 51 and 53 of the Copyright Act, 1957 for allegedly seizing 218 compact discs from the house of the petitioner, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application, having regard to the fact that the petitioner is not owning any shop or CD library and the allegedly pirated CDs were seized from his residence, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of his arrest in connection with the above case on his executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.NO.975/07 Page numbers
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.