High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
VASU, S/O. DAMODARAN v. EXCISE INSPECTOR, KOTHAMANGALAM - Bail Appl No. 986 of 2007(V)  RD-KL 3810 (20 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 986 of 2007(V)
1. VASU, S/O. DAMODARAN,
1. EXCISE INSPECTOR, KOTHAMANGALAM,
For Petitioner :SRI.A.P.SUBHASH
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 986 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 20th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in C.R.No.8/06 of Kothamangalam Excise Range for offences punishable under sections 55(a) and 8(1) and 8(2) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 15 litres of arrack and distilling apparatus at about 10.30 PM on 22.1.2006 near the banks of Inchathotti river and who was subsequently arrested on 7.2.2007, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application submitting, inter alia, that the petitioner who was identified on the date of detection made good his escape on seeing the Excise party.
3. I am not satisfied that both the grounds enumerated under Clause (b)(ii) of Sec. 41 A of the Abkari Act are present in this case so as to justify the release of the petitioner on bail. This application is accordingly dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.