High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.P. KUNHIKRISHNAN v. GOVERNMENT OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - WP(C) No. 6233 of 2007(P)  RD-KL 4100 (23 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 6233 of 2007(P)
1. P.P. KUNHIKRISHNAN,
1. GOVERNMENT OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. CONTROLLER OF STATIONERY
3. ASSISTANT CONTROLLER OF STATIONERY
For Petitioner :SRI.K.D.BABU
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, J.WP(C)No. 6233 OF 2007
Dated this the 23rd February, 2007.
The petitioner is an Upper Division Clerk in the Stationery Department. He had availed leave for quite some time. On the expiry of the leave, he requested to permit him to join duty. Inspite of that, there was delay in issuing the posting orders. Hence he could not work for the period from 4.10.97 to 9.12.98. He requested that the above period may be treated as duty and granted consequential benefits. But the second respondent passed Ext.P12 order rejecting the request of the petitioner. Feeling aggrieved, he filed representations before the first respondent. But there is no response. Ext.P13 representation filed by him on 16.6.2003 and Ext.P14 filed on 14.4.2004 remain unanswered. In the circumstances, he has approached this Court.
2. Counsel for the petitioner submits that unless directions are issued by this Court, the first respondent is not likely to consider the request of the petitioner.
3. Heard the Govt. Pleader also.
4. In the circumstances, I feel that the first respondent shall be directed to pass appropriate orders on Exts.P13 and P14. Hence the writ petition is disposed of WPC 6233/2007 2 directing the first respondent to consider Exts.P13 and P14 in which the legality of Ext.P12 is under challenge. Needless to state that the claim of the petitioner shall be considered in the light of relevant Government Orders. Decision shall be taken as early as possible, in any event, within six weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of the judgment. The petitioner shall produce a copy of the judgment and a copy of the writ petition before the first respondent, for compliance. K.K.DENESAN Judge jj
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.