High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
GAYATHRI.M., W/O.HARIDAS v. THE KOZHIKODE CORPORATION - WP(C) No. 2167 of 2007(G)  RD-KL 4332 (27 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 2167 of 2007(G)
1. GAYATHRI.M., W/O.HARIDAS,
2. LATHIKA.M., W/O.MURALEENATH,
3. SHEENA.M.P., W/O.SANTHOSH KUMAR,
4. SMITHA.N., W/O.BABY, AGED 36,
5. SASITHA.N., W/O.PRABHAKARAN,
6. SATHEEDEVI.K., W/O.AJAYAKUMAR,
1. THE KOZHIKODE CORPORATION,
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
3. KUDUMBASREE STATE MISSION,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.ASOKAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, J.WP(C)No. 2167 OF 2007
Dated this the 27th February, 2007.
The petitioners state that they are working as Community Organisers of Area Development Society under the first respondent-Kozhikode Corporation. According to them they are entitled to get permanent appointment. It is contended that employees similarly situated have been granted that benefit. Reliefs sought for include a direction to the respondents to make the employment of the petitioners permanent and to provide them all benefits of permanent employees from the date of their initial appointment.
2. Counsel for the first respondent on instruction submits that the petitioners are not the employees of the Corporation. They are paid a honorarium of Rs.750/- per month by the Community Development Society. The other respondents in this writ petition are: (i) State of Kerala and (ii) Kudumbasree State Mission.
3. In the light of the facts stated on behalf of the first respondent, the petitioners will have to seek appropriate reliefs from the Community Development Society. The reliefs now sought for against the respondents cannot therefore be granted. Without prejudice WPC 2167/2007 2 to the right of the petitioners to seek appropriate reliefs from the proper employer, this writ petition is disposed of. K.K.DENESAN Judge jj
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.