High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
KALLINGAL ABOOBACKER v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY THE - WP(C) No. 6470 of 2007(T)  RD-KL 4357 (27 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 6470 of 2007(T)
1. KALLINGAL ABOOBACKER,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY THE
2. THE DIRECTOR OF INDIGENOUS SYSTEMS
3. THE DISTRICT MEDICAL OFFICER,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.SHIBILI NAHA
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K. DENESAN, J.= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = W.P.(C) No. 6470 OF 2007 T = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dated this the 27th February, 2007
J U D G M E N T
Feeling aggrieved by Ext. P5 order passed by the Director of Indigenous Systems of Medicine confirming the order passed by the disciplinary authority who found the petitioner guilty of misconduct and imposed penalty on him, he has invoked the review jurisdiction vested in the 1st respondent. Though the petitioner has styled Ext. P6 review petition as one filed under Rule 35 of the Kerala Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1960, the correct provision of law is Rule 34 of the aforesaid rules. Notwithstanding the mistake committed by the petitioner in quoting the correct rule, Ext. P6 can be considered by the 1st respondent since that respondent has got the power to do so. Counsel for the petitioner submits that early decision on Ext. P6 is necessary in the interest of justice.
2. I have heard Govt. Pleader also.
3. In the circumstances, there shall be an order directing the 1st respondent to call for the records, WPC No. 6470/2007 -2- consider Ext. P6 on merits and to dispose of the same in accordance with law within three months from the date of receipt of a copy of the judgment. The petitioner shall be afforded an opportunity of being heard before Ext. P6 is disposed of. The petitioner shall produce a copy of the judgment along with a copy of the writ petition before the 1st respondent for compliance. K.K. DENESAN
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.