High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
OMANAKUTTAN @ KUTTACHAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 1133 of 2007  RD-KL 4379 (27 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1133 of 2007()
1. OMANAKUTTAN @ KUTTACHAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.R.REJI
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 1133 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 27th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in C.R.No.117/06 of Mavelikkara Excise Range for offences punishable under sections 8(1), 8(2) and 55 (a) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 2 = litres of rectified spirit on 9.5.2006 and who allegedly made good his escape after abandoning the contraband spirit, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. There is no reason why the petitioner should not surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail. Accordingly, if the petitioner surrenders before the Magistrate concerned and files an application for regular bail, within two weeks from today, the same shall be considered and disposed of, preferably on the same date on which it is filed. This application is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.