High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
REJI. K.J., EDATHIPARAMBU v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 1142 of 2007  RD-KL 4410 (27 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1142 of 2007()
1. REJI. K.J., EDATHIPARAMBU,
2. MANOJ. C.J., CHITEEZHATHU,
3. RAJESH. S.P., PADINJARE PULICKACHIRA,
4. BIJUMON. P.V., PUTHEN VEEDU,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.C.V.MANUVILSAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1142/2007 Dated this 27th day of February, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners, who are accused in Crime No.849/2006 of Vaikom Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 332 and 395 IPC, seek their enlargement on bail.
2. The case of the prosecution is that the petitioners and others numbering to about 50 persons were indulging in unauthorizedly mining of shells in the area in question on 29.12.2006 and the police had seized two boats along with unauthorizedly mined shells. Infuriated by the same on 30.12.2006 at about 1.00 a.m., about 50 persons including the petitioners forcibly re- captured the boats and the shells from the custody of the police.
3. Consequent on a direction by this Court in the application for anticipatory bail filed by the petitioners, they surrendered before the Investigating Officer and they were thereafter produced before the J.F.C.M, Vaikom and remanded to judicial custody on 13.2.2007. B.A.1142/2007 2
4. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application submitting inter alia that one more boat and an out board engine are still to be recovered, the investigating agency having obtained the petitioners in police custody, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioners but only from a future date.
5. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed to be
released on bail with effect from 7.3.2007, on
them executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten
thousand only) with two solvent sureties
each for the like
amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Vaikom and
subject to the following conditions:
(a). The petitioners shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
(b). The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the police till the filing of the final report. B.A.1142/2007 3
(c). The petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail.
6. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.