High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RENJITH KUMAR N., S/O. NANDAKUMARAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 1054 of 2007  RD-KL 4411 (27 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1054 of 2007()
1. RENJITH KUMAR N., S/O. NANDAKUMARAN
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.NAGARAJ NARAYANAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1054/2007 Dated this 27th day of February, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner, who is the second accused in crime No.58/2007 of Aranmula Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 451, 160 and 353 IPC read with Section 34 IPC and also under Section 3(1) of the P.D.P.P.Act, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled against the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner, but on appropriate conditions safeguarding the interest of the prosecution also.
4. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the
Investigating Officer to release the petitioner
on bail for a
period of one month in the event of his arrest in connection
with the above
case on his executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/-
(Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for
the like amount to the satisfaction to the
said officer and
subject to the following conditions:
(a). Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11
a.m. on all Wednesdays.
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
(e). Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile.
5. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above B.A.1054/2007 3 conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.