High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
WISWANATHAN, S/O.SREEDHARAN v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 1140 of 2007  RD-KL 4453 (27 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1140 of 2007()
1. WISWANATHAN, S/O.SREEDHARAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.B.MOHANLAL
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 1140 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 27th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Cr.No.74/03 of Karunagappally Excise Range for offences punishable under sections 8(1) and 8(2) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of five litres of illicit arrack on 29.5.2003, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. Consequent on the non-appearance of the petitioner in C.P.No.10/06 on the file of the J.F.C.M., Karunagappally non-bailable warrants of arrest are pending against him.
3. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted to nullify the process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction. There is no reason why the petitioner should not surrender before the committal court and seek regular bail. Accordingly, if the petitioner surrenders before the J.F.C.M., Karunagappally and files an application for regular bail, within two weeks from today, the same shall be considered and disposed of, preferably on the same date on which it is filed, after considering the explanation offered by the petitioner for his previous non-appearance. This application is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.